Recommended reading for the martial arts. This is my personal library list. I practice Okinawan Te or "Ryukyu Ti." My system is derived from two others, one being the main influence of Shorin-ryu and the second Goju-ryu. The branch under Shorin-ryu is Isshin-ryu as developed by Shimabuku Tatsuo Sensei.

I wanted to create a library reference blog where I can provide a listing of the books I have in my library, present and past (past in that some have been lost in transit over the years). I will provide a graphic, if available, a short description, if available, and the bibliography. When possible a link to Amazon will be provided.

"Read not to contradict and confute; nor to believe and take for granted; nor to find talk and discourse; but to weigh and consider..." - Francis Bacon


Reader's of this Blog

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Law of Self Defense

Bibliography:
Branca, Andrew F. “The Law of Self Defense: The Indispensable Guide to the Armed Citizen.” Law of Self Defense LLC. 2013.

Review: This one was quickly added to my self-defense reference list. Although geared toward self-defense as an armed citizen the advice and information is relevant to self-defense in general be it open-handed or weaponized. There is a lot of well written and solid information along with state specific references and data that will assist you in seeking advice from legal professionals not to forget to mention what you can add for value in your self-defense course of instruction. 


I have already added many aspects, etc., to my book on martial arts self defense instruction manual. Not to take thunder from this book but to direct my readers, students and instructors to a more robust way to teach martial arts and self-defense. I highly recommend adding this to your library. 

No comments:

Post a Comment