Recommended reading for the martial arts. This is my personal library list. I practice Okinawan Te or "Ryukyu Ti." My system is derived from two others, one being the main influence of Shorin-ryu and the second Goju-ryu. The branch under Shorin-ryu is Isshin-ryu as developed by Shimabuku Tatsuo Sensei.

I wanted to create a library reference blog where I can provide a listing of the books I have in my library, present and past (past in that some have been lost in transit over the years). I will provide a graphic, if available, a short description, if available, and the bibliography. When possible a link to Amazon will be provided.

"Read not to contradict and confute; nor to believe and take for granted; nor to find talk and discourse; but to weigh and consider..." - Francis Bacon


Reader's of this Blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Scaling Force


Bibliography:

Review: I just got this book yesterday, the 3rd of October 2012, and have read only one foreword, by Clint Overland. That one foreword was enough to get me thinking about self-defense, violence and martial arts if not for the previous books by Rory Miller, Lawrence A. Kane, and others - impressive credentials on violence and impressive articulation of the importance of this book and how all of us perceive  self-defense, fighting and violence. 

It feels like one of those fictional page turners you spend the next forty-eight hours straight reading - no sleep, no shower, no food but the book. It is one of those, for me, that tunes me out of this world and takes me into another whole different world. I sit here now writing this review with such anticipation that I will stop now and get back to reading the book. 

Do I need to say any more? Thanks Mr. Overland for you outstanding foreword, it made a difference and I will take your advice and truly study this book. Domo! ありがとう

No comments:

Post a Comment