Recommended reading for the martial arts. This is my personal library list. I practice Okinawan Te or "Ryukyu Ti." My system is derived from two others, one being the main influence of Shorin-ryu and the second Goju-ryu. The branch under Shorin-ryu is Isshin-ryu as developed by Shimabuku Tatsuo Sensei.

I wanted to create a library reference blog where I can provide a listing of the books I have in my library, present and past (past in that some have been lost in transit over the years). I will provide a graphic, if available, a short description, if available, and the bibliography. When possible a link to Amazon will be provided.

"Read not to contradict and confute; nor to believe and take for granted; nor to find talk and discourse; but to weigh and consider..." - Francis Bacon


Reader's of this Blog

Thursday, September 24, 2020

Multiple Attackers


MacYoung, Marc. “Multiple Attackers: Your Guide to Recognition, Avoidance, and Survival.” Carry On Publishing. August 25, 2020.


Multiple Attackers by Marc MacYoung is a must read for anyone who studies, practices and requires self-protection for self-defense. In these troubled times, especially with the volatility of some protest efforts, we need to truly understand how group violence occurs and how best to protect ourselves if we are present when the trigger is pulled. Add in the benefit of his comparison to how it all works with one-on-one vs. group attacks because the differences matter - a whole hell of a lot. 


This book has now become my go to reference just after his book “In The Name of Self-Defense,” simply because he covers the necessary material is such a way it becomes fun to read and to read again. I especially appreciate how he lets you know how to battle the predatory prosecutors as well as the predatory legal system. Use the reference below linked to Amazon Kindle where you can get your copy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment