Recommended reading for the martial arts. This is my personal library list. I practice Okinawan Te or "Ryukyu Ti." My system is derived from two others, one being the main influence of Shorin-ryu and the second Goju-ryu. The branch under Shorin-ryu is Isshin-ryu as developed by Shimabuku Tatsuo Sensei.

I wanted to create a library reference blog where I can provide a listing of the books I have in my library, present and past (past in that some have been lost in transit over the years). I will provide a graphic, if available, a short description, if available, and the bibliography. When possible a link to Amazon will be provided.

"Read not to contradict and confute; nor to believe and take for granted; nor to find talk and discourse; but to weigh and consider..." - Francis Bacon


Reader's of this Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2012

How to Win a Fight

Bibliography:
Kane, Lawrence & Wilder, Kris. "How to Win a Fight: A Guide to Avoiding and Surviving Violence." Gotham Books. New York. 2011.

Review: Perspective, these guys - Kane and Wilder - seem to have a unique perspective on fighting and there is a good reason why. Just read the back or description of the book. These two guys, together and singularly, have written one after another great works in books.

Shit, just go out and buy the books with their names on them and save yourself the trouble of reviewing them all separately - well spent money, time and effort on your part. Yea, just do it!

p.s. I really appreciated the art work that this book uses, really great.

No comments:

Post a Comment